Why is Apple Watch update taking so long?
First make sure your iPhone is updated with IOS 12.2, next, make sure your watch is charged to at least 50%, then reset your watch by pressing in the crown and side button until you see the Apple logo, then release both buttons. Now try updating again. It can take more than an hour, but should not take 3 hours.
Can I pair Apple watch without updating?
It is not possible to pair it without updating the software. Be sure to keep your Apple Watch on the charger and connected to power throughout the software update process, with the iPhone kept nearby both with Wi-Fi (connected to the Internet) and Bluetooth enabled on it.
Why is my apple watch stuck on installing update?
Restart both your iPhone and your watch, turning both off together, then restarting your iPhone first: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch – Apple Support. Restart your Apple Watch – Apple Support.
How do you delete an update on Apple Watch?
Here is how you can delete the watchOS update file:
- Open the Watch app on your paired iPhone.
- Go to General > Usage > Software Update.
- Delete the update file. Click Delete again to confirm. This will remove the WatchOS software update.
- Now go to General > Software Update and try to download it again.
How do you force an Apple watch to update?
How to force an Apple Watch update
- Open up the Watch app on the iPhone, then tap the My Watch tab.
- Tap through to General > Software update.
- Enter your passcode (if you have one) and download the update.
- Wait for the progress wheel to pop up on your Apple Watch.
How do you update your Apple Watch for verification?
How to update Apple Watch?
- Step 1: Launch the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Step 2: Click on ‘General’, and select ‘Software Update’
- Step 3: The new Apple Watch update watchOS 7.2 should pop up on the screen.
- Step 4: Install the update on your device. That’s it.
Is Apple Watch Series 1 still supported?
Picking the best fit Though Apple discontinued both the Series 1 and 2, they are still supported by WatchOS updates. Go for the Apple Watch series 2. In fact, if you have the budget, the Apple Watch 3 is an even better choice because it offers cellular data, even when your iPhone is not around.
How long does watchOS 7 take to install?
two and a half hours
What happens if you take Apple watch off charger while updating?
As long as the battery doesn’t die during the update, your Apple Watch will be fine. Apple Watch should not be removed from the charger until the software update has completed.
How do I update my Iwatch without enough space?
First, try to free up storage on your Apple Watch by removing any music or photos that you’ve synced to your watch. Then try to install the watchOS update. If your watch still doesn’t have enough available storage, remove some apps to free up more space, then try to update.
Does unpairing erase Apple Watch?
Erasing all content and settings erases all media, data, and settings from your Apple Watch, but it does not remove Activation Lock. To remove Activation Lock, unpair the watch first.
Does unpairing Apple Watch erase activity data?
If you erase your Apple Watch (such as by unpairing it via the Watch app, which includes syncing the latest Activity data and making a fresh backup of your Apple Watch on your iPhone) and then re-pair it, your historic data on your iPhone will not be affected.
How do I pair my Apple watch to a new phone?
Need more help?
- Erase your Apple Watch.
- Set up your new iPhone and sign in to iCloud.
- Open the Apple Watch app on your new iPhone, then pair your watch with your new iPhone.
- Try to restore from a backup.
- Follow the onscreen steps to finish setting up.
- Start using your Apple Watch with your new iPhone.
How do I reset Apple watch and pair again?
How to reset your Apple Watch using your paired iPhone
- Keep your Apple Watch and iPhone close together until you complete these steps.
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone, then tap the My Watch tab.
- Tap General > Reset.
- Tap Erase Apple Watch Content and Settings, then tap it again at the bottom of the screen to confirm.
Do you have to reset Apple Watch to pair with new phone?
Because if you don’t, the only way to pair it with your new is to reset your Apple Watch and erase everything in the process. If your old iPhone is no longer in the picture, then you will need to return your Apple Watch to its original factory settings before you can pair it with your new iPhone.
How do I reset my Apple watch without paired phone?
Press and hold the side button until you see “Power off.” Then firmly press the power off slider and lift your finger. From there you can select “Erase all content and settings,” which should achieve the same results as going through the settings of the watch.
How do I use Apple watch without pairing?
Here are seven ways you can use an Apple Watch without it being paired:
- Track your physical activity and workouts.
- Set a stopwatch, timer, and alarms.
- Monitor your heart rate.
- Music and podcast syncing.
- Practice your breathing.
- Store and show off photos.
- Use Apple Pay and wallet.
Why does my Apple Watch keep failing to pair?
Keep your Apple Watch and paired iPhone close together to make sure that they’re in range. On your iPhone, make sure that Airplane Mode is off and that Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are on. Swipe up to open Control Center, then turn Airplane Mode off. Restart your Apple Watch and iPhone.
Can you pair two Apple watches to phone?
During Apple’s “Time Flies” event, it shared a new Family Setup feature coming to iOS 14 on September 16th that will allow just one iPhone to both set up and manage several Apple Watch smartwatches in a family.
What can an Apple watch do without cellular?
When your Apple Watch is disconnected—for example, if you’re hiking in an area without Wi-Fi or cellular signal, or your iPhone is off—you can still do these things. Track your workouts. See the time and use the Alarm, Timer, and Stopwatch apps.
Can you still get texts on Apple watch without cellular?
Yes, it can – subject to your Apple Watch and/or iPhone having the required connectivity. When instead connected to Wi-Fi, the watch also still offers a number of features, including receiving and sending messages via iMessage. …
Is cellular worth it on Apple Watch?
The Apple Watch Series 3 no longer has a GPS + Cellular option. If you want cellular service, the nicer case material, more storage, Family Setup support, and Apple Music, that price might well be worth it.
Should I get GPS or cellular Apple Watch?
When it comes to battery life, the GPS-only variant offers longer battery life as opposed to the Cellular variant that has a cellular chip. Since the GPS-only model doesn’t require connecting to the internet by LTE when outdoors and uses Bluetooth, it’s able to offer longer battery life.
How far away can your Apple Watch connect to your phone?
around 30-50 feet